When you get up in the morning, do you have a sense of purpose and meaning? Are you excited to start your day?
Are you motivated and engaged in your daily activities? Are you purpose-fully living? Or do you feel like you are on cruise control and you can’t remember driving the last several hundred miles?
When you have a sense of purpose it provides a sense of direction, helps you make decisions, and helps your set and achieve goals. When you don’t, you fall into bed at night, exhausted, feeling like you accomplished nothing and wondering what you have been doing with your days.
So, how do I figure out what to do to make my life more meaningful?
Too often we are so “busy” living in our day-to-day that we forget to look up from the routine and see a bigger purpose.
How would you rate yourself on the following characteristics?
- I have a clear sense of direction of where I am and where I want to go.
- I am connected and have strong, healthy relationships with family, friends, and my community.
- I have a sense of gratitude, feeling thankful for both positive and negative experiences.
- I have compassion for others and a desire to help serve others with my gifts.
- I am continuously learning, improving, and investing in my personal growth.
- I am authentic to myself and others- not perfect- but living for my values and beliefs.
- I have a sense of inner peace and being present in the moment, but mindful of complacency.
- I believe I have a contribution to make to the world around me through my unique gifts and influence.
Pursuing your purpose requires a choice to let go of your current restrained mindset and look to where you want to be. You have to be willing to think bigger than your “right now”.
Not choosing is the choice we often make.
We can have joy and harmony even on days when nothing goes as planned if we see the setback as a small detour on the way to our bigger goal.
I’m not talking about walking away from your current situation and chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Don’t get so lost in future thinking that you don’t enjoy the journey along the way.
So, where do I start?
Step 1. REFLECTION: What have I been doing, and why? 🤔
Step 2. EVALUATION: What do I spend my time on? Is it on purpose? ⏳
Step 3. DIRECTION: Determine where it is that you want to go. Don’t worry about the how just yet. 🚗Spend some time dreaming, journaling, and finding your voice. ✍️
Step 4. ACTION: What are you going to do differently so that you are not in the same place next month, or next year? 🎬
Don’t get overwhelmed!
One step gets you moving in the right direction. You are already on your way!
If you need more guidance, download my free BIG DREAM GUIDE and set aside some time to thoughtfully work through it. It may be your first step in the right direction.
Feel free to ask a question or make a suggestion in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!
Add a comment